[Greeklug] OSOR Monthly Open Source News Service - October 2010

Sergios T.S.(aka linuxman) sergios στο greeklug.gr
Παρ 29 Οκτ 2010 17:17:11 EEST

Άντε και στα δικά μας .

OSOR.EU

  Open Source Observatory and Repository for European public administrations

    Monthly Open Source News Service --- 29 October 2010

        Welcome to the Monthly Open Source News Service of the OSOR project!

This monthly alert keeps you updated with news related to the use of
Free/Libre/Open Source software (FLOSS) in the public sector in Europe.
It includes the latest FLOSS software-related news, activities,
initiatives and insights from across Europe and beyond.

Enjoy reading -- and visit us at http://osor.eu <http://www.osor.eu/>!

      Latest News

| View all News <http://www.osor.eu/news>

    *

              EU: Legal experts to discuss laws and procurements on open
              source
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/eu-legal-experts-to-discuss-laws-and-procurements-on-open-source>

      | 20 October 2010 | EU

    *

              ES: Guidelines to help local administrations procure open
              source
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/es-guidelines-to-help-local-administrations-procure-open-source>

      | 21 October 2010 | Spain

    *

              ES: Public administrations in Axarquia moving to open
              source desktops
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/es-public-administrations-in-axarquia-moving-to-open-source-desktops>

      | 21 October 2010 | Spain

    *

              FR: 'Marseille's desktop plans conflict with procurement
              rules'
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/fr-marseilles-desktop-plans-conflict-with-procurement-rules>

      | 27 October 2010 | France

    *

              PT: 'Gvt must stop breaking procurement rules and move to
              open source'
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/pt-gvt-must-stop-breaking-procurement-rules-and-move-to-open-source>

      | 27 October 2010 | Portugal

    *

              EU's procurement tool supports purchase orders and service
              catalogues
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/eus-procurement-tool-supports-purchase-orders-and-service-catalogues>

      | 28 October 2010 | EU

    *

              Malta government starts consultation to increase use of
              open source
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/malta-government-starts-consultation-to-increase-use-of-open-source>

      | 28 October 2010 | Malta

    *

              Russian government to invest in open source desktop
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/russian-government-to-invest-in-open-source-desktop>

      | 28 October 2010 | Russia

    *

              ES: Andalusia: 'Open source has helped save millions of
              Euro'
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/es-andalusia-open-source-has-helped-save-millions-of-euro>

      | 28 October 2010 | Spain

    *

              DE: Resource centre helps public administrations implement
              open source
              <http://www.osor.eu/news/de-resource-centre-helps-public-administrations-implement-open-source>

      | 29 October 2010 | Germany

      Upcoming Events

| View all events <http://www.osor.eu/events>

        Reuse of FLOSS software: how a Public Administration can create
        a community
        <http://www.osor.eu/events/software-libero-e-riuso-come-la-pubblica-amministrazione-puo-fare-comunita>

| 3 November 2010 | Padova, Italy

The city of Padova together with PloneGov Italia organize one full day
on the reuse of FLOSS solutions in Public Administrations in Italy.
Among the participants there will be experts from Padova, Ferrara, La
Spezia, Bologna and the regions Veneto and Campania together with
companies involved in the FLOSS sector.

        LinuxAlt 2010 <http://www.osor.eu/events/linuxalt-2010>

| 6 - 7 November 2010 | Brno, Czech Republic

The fifth Brno Linux conference is planned for 6 and 7 November 2010 in
Brno, the Czech Republic. Preliminary conference topics include open
source solutions for digital hotography, audio and video, office
applications and security.

        Fossa Conference 2010; Where Open Source Meets Academia
        <http://www.osor.eu/events/fossa-conference-2010-where-open-source-meets-academia>

| 8 - 10 November 2010 | Grenoble, France

The second edition of the fOSSa Conference - Free Open Source Software
for Academia, is taking place in Grenoble, France, on 8 to 10 November 2010.

        ITAPA conference <http://www.osor.eu/events/itapa-conference>

| 9 - 10 November 2010 | Bratislava, Slovakia

ITAPA is the leading international congress on information technology
use in public administration organized in Slovakia every year.

        Open Source in Public Administration 2010
        <http://www.osor.eu/events/open-source-in-public-administration-2010-1>

| 11 November 2010 | Rome, Italy

Open Source in Public Administration (OSPA) 2010 is a National
Conference organized by Concreta-Mente association with Luiss Guido
Carli, La Sapienza and Tuscia Universities, with other national Academic
partners.

        SFScon 2010 <http://www.osor.eu/events/sfscon-2010>

| 12 November 2010 | Bolzano (Bozen), Italy

The South Tyrol Free Software Conference is the international conference
about Free Software located in South Tyrol, Italy.

        Freeing Public Sector Software! (EOLE 3rd edition)
        <http://www.osor.eu/events/freeing-public-sector-software-eole-3rd-edition>

| 29 - 30 November 2010 | Torino, Italy

The European Open Source & Free Software Law Event (EOLE) is a yearly
event that aims to promote the sharing and dissemination of legal
knowledge on Free, Libre & Open Source Software (FLOSS) licensing, as
well as the development and promotion of good practices in the field.
2010 EOLE edition is focused on use of FLOSS in public administrations.

The OSOR.EU project is a pan-European information platform on
Free/Libre/Open Source software in the public sector, and is intended to
promote and spread the use of best practices in Europe. It aims to
provide a comprehensive overview of Free/Libre/Open Source Software
policies and activities in the public sector, especially in current and
future EU Member States.

Please feel free to forward this alert to any other interested persons,
and to send us your comments and suggestions. We also welcome your
contributions and we invite you to send in news items, announcements for
events and other stories related to FLOSS and of interest to public
administrations to the email address mentioned below. Moreover, if you
belong to a public authority or a public sector organisation and would
be interested in being the subject of a case study for best practices
regarding open source software, please contact us. All emails should be
sent to info[at]osor.eu <mailto:info στο osor.eu>.

*© European Communities 2008.*
Reproduction is authorised provided the source is acknowledged.
The views expressed are not an official position of the European Commission.

Ένα συνημένο HTML καθαρίστηκε...

Περισσότερες πληροφορίες για την Greeklug λίστα ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου