[GreekLUG] Προώθηση: Linux Presentation Day in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland

Efstathios Iosifidis iefstathios στο gmail.com
Τετ 16 Δεκ 2015 14:14:06 EET

Σας στέλνω το παρακάτω μήνυμα που στάλθηκε στις λίστες του GNOME και
openSUSE. Πιθανό να σας ενδιαφέρει.
/Σ
*********************************
Hauke Laging <hauke.laging στο linux-presentation-day.de>

Hello,

I am a member of the board of the Berlin Linux User Group (BeLUG, a non-
commercial association). About a year ago I had an idea for a new kind
of Linux event which should be targeted at people who don't know Linux
yet and which should be very easy to organize. We call this the "Linux
Presentation Day" – not very German but we intended from the beginning
to expand this beyond Germany after some time. Here is an English
summary:

http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/

On May, 9th 2015 we had the first event, limited to Berlin at eight
locations. In July we started to find interested organizations in other
cities, first limited to Germany but we expanded that to Austria and
Switzerland. The second event (the first outside Berlin but also
organized by BeLUG) was on November, 14th. 79 locations in 72 cities in
three countries participated; the event had 1500 visitors (due to an
unexpected lack of media coverage). Two new Linux User Groups have been
founded.

Now we have started to look for organizations abroad for our next event
as the main goal of the event is to make it so big that we reach a new
level of media coverage. We were more than surprised when we were told
that the Italians have been doing something very similar for 15
years...!

http://www.linuxday.it/

Is there something similar in Greece already?

I am looking for a few organizations (LUGs, similar associations,
companies, schools, universities, ...) which are interested in such an
event and might participate in the LPD 2016.1 and use their experience
from that for organizing it as a nationwide event for LPD 2016.2.

http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/call-for/2016.1/

The date for the next event (LPD 2016.1) is April, 30th (Saturday). The
date for 2016.2 will probably be the Italian date (October, 22th).

The nationwide Dutch LUG is interested in participating. Several Italian
and two British cities are. Our Swiss organizers take care for France.
And more countries will be addressed. The aim is to have a Europe-wide
event soon and a worldwide event within a few years.

CU

Hauke
(Mr. Hauke Laging)

--
http://www.iosifidis.gr    http://linkedin.iosifidis.gr

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.

Περισσότερες πληροφορίες για την GreekLUG λίστα ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου